The Little Dragons Program is how we introduce the 4-6 year olds to KungFu. This class teaches all of the basics of KungFu such as throwing a punch, kicking properly and blocking an attack. The students work on technique that will prepare them for their ranks in both the Lil Dragons Class and as they move into to the Youth Classes.
In addition to the basic KungFu, a lot of emphasis is placed on basic motor skills. Kids at this age are still learning about their bodies and they need lessons in balance, coordination, discipline and focus. These core skills will help them grow in KungFu and more importantly, outside of KungFu. We have heard many praises from parents about compliments their kids have received at school for their good behavior. These skills are timeless and crucial for a building a successful life.
Bring your Lil Dragon down here and let them experience how fun KungFu can be. They’ll be engaged in a sport and learn some great life skills at the same time.
Kungfu for Kids
At Dragon Gate we believe that Kungfu is much more than just throwing punches and kicks. In our Kid’s Program they will learn our martial arts style which is both very traditional in core concepts and also tested to prove its effectiveness. We pride ourselves in only passing down proven techniques and applications that can be explained to all ages from the pre-school age to adults.
In addition to the art being passed down, they will be working on key skills such as discipline, focus, respect, confidence and leadership.
As these skills build they will become a better student in class, a better student at school and all around better prepared for life.
Come check out our Free Introductory Class where we can show you the different ways we can help your child grow stronger, physically and mentally. We want to work with you as another support system in giving your child the best tools possible for life
Kungfu for Adults
What? You're not a kid but, want to take Kungfu classes?
Why not, right?
We offer classes for everyone, even adults. We can learn an art at any age. And our adult class will allow you that opportunity.
Whether you're looking to stay fit, lose weight, increase energy and learn real practical self-defense, our Adult classes are just what you need.
So check out our Free Introductory Class to learn more.
Tai Chi (or Tai Ji Quan) is one of the major internal styles contained in Chinese Martial arts. It was originally created as a martial art and the movements of Taiji contain martial applications. It utilizes the ancient philosophy of Yin-Yang and the Five Element theories for its foundation and to establish its training principles. The experience of hundreds of years has shown that practicing Taiji can improve ones health, reduce tension, and improve health a number of diseases such as high blood pressure, arthritis, asthma, stomach ailments, heart problems and nervousness. The same techniques that were capable of developing internal Qi for martial arts combat, also proved to be effective as life prolonging, healing, and rejuvenating exercises. Today, Taiji is best known by the millions of participants around the world for its health benefits.
There are many different styles of Taiji and a great number of Taiji fist and weapon routines. However, the few major styles that have been recognized both in China and internationally are Yang, Chen, Sun and Wu style Tai Chi. At Dragon Gate we teach Yang and Wu Style Taiji. Included in the teaching are application concepts, 13 posture, Push Hands, dissolving practice and more.
Who can take this class?
- Children 13 Years old and old in age.
- Suitable for people who may be in weak health as well as good health
- For people who wish to improve their health, fitness level, ability to focus, balance, flexibility, coordination, stamina, strength, body posture, power, and endurance.
- Taiji emphasizes a calm and peaceful mind. The practice of Taiji stimulates the central nervous system, helps to lower blood pressure, relieves stress, strengthens the immune system, enhances elimination of wastes and improves the circulation of blood.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to this class starts with basic movement, stepping, turning. Individual postures, standing meditation and alignments. All student start learning the Standard Yang 24 movement Form.
- Yang Style 16 Form.
- Wu Short Form.
- Yang Long Form.
- Wu Long Form.
- Yang Sabre and Yang Straight Sword.
- As Taiji is a martial art, we also teach and explain the applications of Taiji movements; introducing and training Taiji Push Hands techniques such as the eight basic techniques of Peng(ward off), Lu(roll back), Ji(press), An(push), Cai(pluck), Lie(split), Zhou(elbow), Kao(body striking), standard Push Hands routines, and Free Push Hands. Students will also learn how to use Taiji techniques to neutralize opponents, how to use the 'soft' to conquer the 'hard/strong', how to use an opponent's strength against him, how to redirect his strength against him, how to use minimal force to move a powerful attack, and many other techniques.
Come down to the school and ask about our Free Introductory Class.
Below are a few links to descriptions of Tai Chi and its benefits.